Sunday, 10 March 2013


A Taste of Mozambique

It was a while ago now that I went to Mozambique for the first time and one thing that always stood out for me apart from the clear blue waters, fresh seafood, peri-peri  sandy white beaches, plenty mosquito bites and nasty hangovers in the heat of the day was the simplicity and tastiness of the food .

Being a third world country the African/Portuguese style food was once described to me as peasant food , for me when I think back to this food there is nothing better!

I love many of the local recipes but one of my favorites is the Trinchardo and  that I will defiantly have on one of my menus one day. 


I like slow braised beef short rib cooked in copious amounts of red wine and garlic with subtle hints of bay leaves, olives , tomatoes and chillis .'

This has to be served with crispy Portuguese rolls to lap up the sauce left behind and washed down with an ice cold Laurentina of Mac Mahone ( 2M) lager

If this is peasant food I want to remain a peasant!


No comments:

Post a Comment