Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Beer and food pairings really?













Until last year I had not really thought about beer and food pairings until my tour to Ireland ,to cut along story short I flew half way around the world to go to a food festival and ended up in the beer tent (probably thanks to my friend Sean ) .
During this beer masterclass they taught us about food and beer pairings and how just like wine different types of beer and food compliment each other , beer really can we do that ?
This is really unheard of as everybody only does this with wine surely ? of course not beer and food pairings happen all the time and we just do not pay enough attention to this golden nectar we call "liquid bread"
It is really quite simple just think of a juicy grilled steak and imagine your ice cold beer with it?(food pairing done) everybody has done it!
Anyway since my trip to Ireland I have had the idea to try and source different beers every now and again and try to pair them off with some flavours and dishes I have created.
During my research over the past few months I have since discovered a whole new world of craft beer in South Africa that I never really knew existed and it waiting to explode. I can not wait to give this thing a shot.....to see how popular it really is.
So if you love beer and you love food please keep an eye on my blog and let me know what you think.

 Cheers !

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Rich. Looks like an interesting blog. One of my favourite combinations is cold Guinness and mussels in white wine sauce. Doesn't sound like it would go together but its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Des . Funny enough we have a milk stout here that is amazing with oysters.

    ReplyDelete