So with two beer festivals in Jozi (Johannesburg ) in the next few weeks and the warmer weather on the way what more of an excuse do you need to crack open and try some new and exciting beers?
I thought in the spirit of it all I would share this gem of a craft beer I have found with everybody.
"The Beast Of The Deep" from Brewers & Union craft brewery.
I stand to be corrected but I seem to think from my research that it is a Bavarian style craft brewery
that is brewing in CapeTown and they have no less than seven types of brew in their range!Either way it is fantastic news for people like us who are looking to explore the the ever expanding and very popular craft beer market that is becoming available in Southern Africa.
So taking the very sound advice from the Brewers & Union web page .
It is suggested this beer goes very well with most pork dishes, I thought of how I would serve it at my craft brewery restaurant one day.
Picture the scene sitting on the deck one early sunny spring afternoon with this Ice cold Bavarian craft beer in your hand , melting butter on a freshly baked beer bread , grilled bratwurst sausages , peppered salami and hot German style mustard .....
this is how I would expect it to be if I was in Germany or anywhere drinking this fine beer..
What a fantastic brew of strong unfiltered lager (6,5%) in a generous 500ml bottle,
I can not wait to try the others
Brewers and Union I have only one thing to say
Cheers!


Nice one Rich.
ReplyDeleteYou need to chat to a buddy of mine who home brews his own beers. Sweet, bitter, fruit, flavoured...
Zee processed meed appealz to mein Cherman zide jawohl...
Dawie